I just want to listen to music through the headphones of the globe, I'll mix their screams with the cries of laughter. I'll cross over from obese greed and drown it in tragedy. I'll take one shot to a building and ignore the millions of bombs we drop to compensate for our more expensive lives. I'll bask in the glory of being able to eat the African families weight, malnourished and all. I'll parade around in clothes I don't need, expelling exhaust. "everything i could say would feed into insignificance"

Welcome to my Journal. IGNORE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, or become my Editor

9.29.2010

Art Should Never Have Been Sold


I'm not at all referencing to music, I just always post a lil something for people to listen to while reading. I myself am usually streaming something while writing..anyways.

'Let Me In' yes I am still pissed off about this. Less than a decade, Less than half a decade, less than a quarter of a decade later...Hollywood decides to take on and Americanize the Swedish work of art 'Let the Right One In.'

The period and gap between remaking movies has grown almost as short as remixes of songs. I am just waiting for films to have an EP now. Here is Batman and several remixes by separate artist. FUCK YOU!

but seriously, if you're going to put out remakes as fast as the music industry puts out remixes. Why not do what they do to share the wealth and create EP packages. So at least the original author gets credit and shares in the profit.

But at las I understand...It's a business. And seeing a successful product flourish, instead of letting it FLOURISH more, lets make our own version, stamp our seal on it, straight up steal art and sell it. God I had to go to some 'hole in the wall' theater I didn't even know existed in between SB & Goleta, near the autoshops..And I bet 'Let Me In' will be showing in all the mainstream, easy to access theaters in Santa Barbara.

Someone just put me at ease and tell me that the creators of 'Let the Right One In' are getting some slice of this pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment