I just want to listen to music through the headphones of the globe, I'll mix their screams with the cries of laughter. I'll cross over from obese greed and drown it in tragedy. I'll take one shot to a building and ignore the millions of bombs we drop to compensate for our more expensive lives. I'll bask in the glory of being able to eat the African families weight, malnourished and all. I'll parade around in clothes I don't need, expelling exhaust. "everything i could say would feed into insignificance"

Welcome to my Journal. IGNORE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, or become my Editor

10.04.2010

What I'm trying to communicate

I want to blame the business aspect of Art for the downfall of originality. The current approach is sell what is being sold. So we are struggling economically everywhere and many are choosing to play it safe. As an artist, I know how boring safe is.

I give credit to the music industry, in the last decade it has significantly undergone serious change, yet it is constantly adapting to it. The fall of Tower Records, most people live on mp3s and yes the film industry may also be pirated, but there isn't really devices built encouraging it. Mp3 players do play videos, but people are still buying and renting DvDs.

And yet despite this, the film industry is remaking, remaking, remaking, remaking, reselling, reselling, recycling what has already been sold, what is already selling and available on the market. They are just giving it new names and making tiny changes.

I guess the music industry has always been about the performance when it comes to making a profit. The records are a means of promoting and with internet blogs, such as our very own http://boppernation.com, as well as many social networking platforms and even online stores itunes, amazon and beatport.com.

And I wonder how important the performance has been for Films, aka the Theater. And how are they getting people to go? Yes they have brought in some form of revolution: 3D. A new experience, something to make it exciting again. Well I'm glad they are adapting there, is it possible to adapt the content? The answer is YES, but as long as people keep buying the crap there is no reason to stop selling.

There needs to be a gap between the artist and the business - a bridge, a mediator and its need to be neutral.

idk where I'm going just jotting down thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment